by Michael Massie, author, Small Dojo Big Profits
- I am a martial arts professional, and therefore an ambassador for my profession. I agree to uphold the highest moral and ethical standards in my professional and personal dealings with others.
- I am responsible for the well-being of my students. Therefore, I agree to always act in the best interests of my students and customers.
- I am honest and transparent in my dealings with others. I only enter into legally binding agreements with my clients after providing full disclosure of the terms of the agreement and only after verbal verification that the client understands those terms.
- I am responsible for setting a positive example for others. I maintain the highest personal standards of physical fitness and skill development, and I practice what I preach.
- I agree to teach martial arts and operate my business in a manner that brings honor to the martial arts industry overall. I am a martial arts professional.
Right click here and choose ‘save as’ to download “A Martial Arts Professional’s Code of Ethics” in a PDF infographic for use or display in your school.
Interested in learning more about martial art business ethics, and the impact you can have on your community as a martial arts instructor? Here are some links to additional articles you may find of interest:
©2013 Michael Massie. All rights reserved internationally. Permission granted to reprint for non-commercial use, under condition that this copyright notice and attribution must accompany the reprinted materials.